Models are never better than the data that feeds them, and so when my data source dried up I was in a fix.
I’ve been using the same data source for the better part of a decade, so it was unnerving. I wasn’t about to retest everything from scratch. So I needed data in the same format, which reproduced the same numbers on the model that I currently operated with.
For one week I used Google as a bandaid, but Google had annoying gaps in its history. So it was at best a temporary measure, and an encouragement to find something fast.
Thankfully, I found a replacement. But I apologize for going dark.
The Sector Model is now at full speed, and I only have to complete the conversion on the Full Model before the next trade. Since it only trades one stock per quarter, there was no similar urgency to the Sector Model. Hopefully I’ll have it back up by the middle of June.